Firstly please accept my apologies for this impersonal communication, but I hope to reach as many people as possible.
On Sunday September 2nd 2007 I am taking part in a 'Sponsored Cycle Ride' from London to Windsor - 37 miles in all. I am doing this to raise money for the Bowel Cancer UK Charity.
Bowel Cancer - Key stats
- Bowel cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in the UK, affecting men and women equally.
- Bowel cancer is the third most common cancer affecting both men and women in the UK.
- Every year over 35,000 people in this country are diagnosed with the disease - that's someone every 15 minutes.
- Every year nearly 16,000 people in this country die from bowel cancer - claiming a life every 30 minutes.
- Although 90% of all people diagnosed are over 55 (average age 70) a growing number of younger people are living with the disease.
If you would like to help me raise money for this charity please consider sponsoring me – this can be done easily and securely online via the Charity's "Justgiving" portal, by following this link:
Bowel Cancer UK http://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk
Bowel Cancer UK is a leading charity dedicated to raising awareness of bowel cancer, improving the quality of life of those affected by the disease and, ultimately, reducing deaths from the second most common cause of cancer death in the UK, affecting men and women equally. For more information about bowel cancer please visit our website at www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk or call our Advisory Service on 08708 50 60 50.
Thank you for your support. If you would like any more information please contact me.