Tuesday 23 March 2010

Coming soon - Biographies


Firstly apologies for the dearth of blog posts – little Thomas is now not so little, and as a bustling toddler takes up rather a lot of time, which is how it should be. Additionally I have recommenced my PhD research….which fills up a few spare minutes! But, I haven't forgotten this blog, or family history. Since the Geoctieies.com website was taken down, and the new site established, whilst the genealogical content is comprehensive and ever updating thanks to the sterling work of Philip Richards, my partner on the site, many of the biographical information previously available on the old site has been lost. So, I will start to build that again – initially through this blog and then as a composite web page on the site.

Josiah Wedgwood and Charles Darwin have of course already been featured prominently – there are many others and I will start with an unusual angle: Actors! So, coming soon, Cary Elwes, Geoffrey Edward Spencer Lovatt and thespian siblings Skandar and Soumaya Keynes

The format will be simple; I will set out their connection to the Wedgwood clan – linking to Philip's database - and then provide links to Dictionary of National Biography, Who's Who, and Wikipedia.

No comments: